Perth Obesity Surgery WA
About radiology & pathology services
SKG Murdoch is committed to improving the ED fees at SJOG Murdoch Hospital.
- No after-hours surcharge.
- Capped out-of-pocket expenses for multiple examinations - $275 maximum gap.
- Express, superior service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
SKG Radiology: St John of God Hospital in-patient fees
Billing information Australian Clinical Labs
Food allergy testing - costs
About St John of God Murdoch Hospital
Murdoch Helpline: (08) 9428 8838
The Murdoch Helpline team members will answer your questions about gaps and out-of-pocket expenses that relate to your treatment at St John of God Murdoch Hospital.
The admissions team will give you information about what out-of-pocket costs you may have and how to find out what they will be. These fees may include:
- doctor’s consultation fees
- inpatient and outpatient diagnostic fees (pathology and radiology)
- surgeon fees
- anaesthetist fees
- hospital excess
Don’t have health cover?
Even if you don’t have private health insurance, you can still find out the cost of our services, giving you the option to consider self-funding treatment with us to access high quality care and avoid unnecessary waiting times.
Simply call the Murdoch Helpline on (08) 9428 8838 for information on costs for treatments at St John of God Murdoch Hospital.
About Obesity Surgery WA: Our 6 commitments
Taking surgery seriouslyWe know that entering into an operation is a big deal and we are very serious in getting the best outcome for you. We practice what is considered to be a world class standard. Our staff regularly attend national and international conferences and bring back what is the latest research and technology.
Running on timeOur Surgeons and all of our staff try their best to run on time. Although it's not always possible, our commitment is that we do our best. Your time is valuable and we respect that.
Readily availableOur surgeons (or at least one of them) are always available in a crisis. Some of them may provide you with a direct contact, but all are available through the hospital switchboard and happy to chat any time if there is a crisis.
An obsessive attention to detailWe do our best to not miss anything. Every stitch, every staple and every clip is applied to exactly where it needs to be with the greatest care possible.
Commitment to performing the best operation possibleNot all operations are the same and there a few extras that we do to make things better. We know that our results are better with the minimiser ring so we offer it to everyone. We know that reflux can be an issue so we try to tighten every oesophageal hiatus to make reflux control as good as possibly can be.
A commitment to new technologies
- We have brought in STRETTA into Western Australia, which we believe will revolutionise reflux management. (Have a look at the Stretta page for more information).
- SJOG Murdoch has just purchased a new DaVinci robot and we believe that this will allow us to do operations with keyhole surgery that previously needed a major laparotomy incision. Lynx is on the horizon and promises to also help manage reflux, we hope to have access to this in early 2020.
Meet our team
Dr. Harsha Chandraratna
Dr. Bill Gong
General and Laparoscopic Surgeon